Dip Acu, MD, Ph.D.
Dr. Caroline Xiong (Dip Acu, MD, Ph.D.) is an Australian registered acupuncturist with 18 years experience working in the field of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
After completing her PhD study in Medical Science at the Monash Medical Centre (Clayton), Monash University, She switched her interest to Acupuncture. She then completed an acupuncture course at the Acupuncture College of Melbourne. At the start of her career, she spent at least 1 month per year for 5 years working in China. She practiced acupuncture with one of the most famous acupuncturists Professor Hua Xi Chan at the Acupuncture Department Union Hospital of Tongji Medical University in Wuhan, China. Additionally, she worked with the famous acupuncturist Professor Tang Fu Zhang at the Acupuncture Department, Wuhan First Municipal Hospital in Wuhan, China.
She have been working at the Chadstone Acupuncture Centre in Melbourne for the past 18 years.
To gain international experience, she took on an acupuncturist role in treating clients on Carnival Cruise Line ships in the Caribbean.
She also has strong western medical clinic experience (medical doctor in China) and medical science knowledge (Medical science PhD in Melbourne). She has established a series of methods in patient care including inquiring, checking, assessment, and consultation of a patient’s condition, and making a correct diagnosis and plan of treatment. She is able to perform all areas of major and minor acupuncture procedures such as Chinese Acupuncture, Electric-Acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Cupping, Guasha (scraping), Moxabustion, Magnetic Therapy, external application of herbal creams and Chinese Remedial Massage (called Tui Na in Chines), Nutrition and Lifestyle Advice.
Her acupuncture skills can help patients with:
1. Muscuoskeletal disorders: Neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, back (top, middle and low), hip, knee and ankle pain, muscles stiffness and sports injuries
2. Neurological disorders: Stroke prevention and treatment, headaches, migraines, numbness in arm, hand, leg and feet
3. Psychological disorders: Anxiety, irritability, depression, nervous tension and insomnia
4. Women’s health: Infertility, before and after IVF support, breast feeding deficiency, menstrual disorders (irregular period, dysmenorrhoea, and amenorrhoea) and menopause
5. Men’s health
6. Skin disease; particularly psoriasis
7. Immune system boost, Well-being maintenance
Caroline will take your concerns seriously and look for the underlying cause of your symptoms using her strong western and eastern medical knowledge and experience.
Caroline will employ Acupuncture holistically and specifically to get you back on the path to good health. Visit our Acupuncture Caulfield page to learn more about Acupuncture and the other services Caroline offers. You can book an appointment with Caroline by giving us a call on 9193 2170 or booking online here.